10 Soldiers Released By Chinese Army


MK Digital Line
Ten Indian soldiers, including four officers, had been detained by the Chinese Army after the violent clashes of June 15 in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed in action, The detained soldiers are back with the Indian side now. 

The release of the men, including two Majors, came about after three days of negotiations in the Galwan Valley headed by a Major General of the Army.

The Army, while not commenting on the details of the release, has said that all soldiers involved in the clash with the Chinese have now been accounted for.

"It is clarified that there are no Indian troops missing in action," the Army said in a brief statement on Thursday.

Seventy-six Indian soldiers were injured and remain in hospital after the clashes. All of them are expected to return to duty within 15 days. None are in a critical condition.

The soldiers were assaulted by the Chinese with iron rods and clubs wrapped in barbed wire laced with nails. China has not given any figure but at least 45 Chinese soldiers have been killed or injured, say army sources.

Satellite images indicate a massive Chinese buildup in the Galwan Valley on their side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) but within a kilometer of Indian positions.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post